There are many types of oils that are available for different usage but only few types of oils are used for massaging as it contains that nutrition in it which is beneficial for massaging. Oil contains different quality in it and these qualities of oil make them useful for different purposes. Some oils are good for cooking, some for massaging and some other for greasing so they are used for different purpose by different people. There are various types of oils which are used for massaging but two basic types of oil used for massaging and these are as follows:-
- Carrier Oil:- These oils contain very little scent of its own and it makes the up most massage blend.
- Essential Oil:- These oils are often very strong to be applied undiluted and are mixed with the carrier oil to form a diluted substance which is not irritable on the skin.
So these are the basic oils for massaging but apart from these there are other oils also which are used for different types of massaging because of their properties which are beneficially for different skin types as follows:-
- Rosemary:- It is an essential oil which is used for the treatment of aches pain and muscular conditions and it is very beneficial for cellulite skin treatment. When this oil is mixed with carrier oil and used for massaging then it reliefs from depression, migraine and fatigue.
- Lavender:- This essential oil is very relaxant and especially benefits when used for body massaging. It may also arouse wounds for healing and assist for scarring prevention.
- Eucalyptus:- It helps in reducing the irritation of muscle strain and works as an antiseptic for the skin. It keeps the body chill in the winter season and cool in the summer season.
- Peppermint:- It acts as an anti inflammatory for the skin and reliefs the skin problems like eczema and aids in circulation.
- Carrier Oils:- These contain therapeutic benefits in themselves and are generally made up of seeds, nuts and vegetables.
- Almond Oil:- This oil is most commonly used in aromatherapy and massaging. It particularly helps in nourishing the skin due to loss of moisture or oil imbalance.
- Jojoba Oil:- This oil is mainly for the skin use because it nourishes the skin moisture and penetrates the skin very easily.
- Apricot Oil:- This oil is particularly useful for dehydrate and sensitive skin as it contains revitalizing and moisturizing properties which are helpful for soothe inflamed skin because the oil is rich in linoleic acid and oleic acid that separates easily due to fine texture.
- Avocado Oil:- It is used on dry and matured skin and is beneficial for skin sensitivity and problems like eczema and psoriasis. It contains very soothing property that’s why it is easily absorbable to the skin. It can be used purely but generally mixed with carrier oils like almond oil.
- Wheat germ Oil:- It heals the scratch marks and scar tissues if used regularly then it increases blood circulation and also forms new cells.