Decorating a chair for a baby shower can be a gift as well as party decor. Small baby items that the mother-to-be will take home after the shower can be added as part of the chair decorations. The basic materials needed to decorate a baby shower chair are inexpensive; the main expense will be the baby items that you choose. You can decorate several chairs for the baby shower, making one for the guest of honor and others for the grandmothers-to-be or other special guests, each with special items for the baby on the way. The instructions that follow are for making one chair.
- Measure and cut the the 3-yard tulle piece into three 24-inch-wide pieces. Cut two 18-inch lengths of 1/4-inch-wide white ribbon. Gather by hand the width of one end of each of the three tulle pieces and hold them all together. Measure 12 inches down from the gathered end and tie one of the white ribbons in a bow around the gathers. From there, loosely braid the three lengths of tulle together. You want it to look full and puffy. Braid to 12 inches from the opposite end and tie the other piece of cut white ribbon in a bow around the gathers.
- Center the braided tulle on the seat back of the chair. Working on the back side of the chair, pull one side of the braid over to one of the top corners of the chair (or rounded top corner if your chair has a round or oval back). Tie the braid to the corner with an 18-inch length of the 1/4-inch-wide ribbon that matches the color theme. Allow the braid to hang down the side of the chair and tie the braid to the bottom of the chair back at the seat with another 18-inch length of the colored ribbon. Repeat for the other corner and edge of the chair. If you are not able to tie the ribbon around the chair back, tie the ribbon around the braid and clamp the braid to the chair using picnic tablecloth clamps.
- Cut a 36-inch length of the 2-inch-wide wired ribbon. Tie the ribbon into a large simple bow. Cut the white-cloth-covered floral wire in half. Thread one half through the back of the bow and attach the bow to the center of the braid.
- Cut two 18-inch lengths of the 1/4-inch-wide colored ribbon. Tie one ribbon in a bow around the neck of the stuffed animal. Thread the other ribbon through the back of the ribbon on the neck and tie the stuffed animal to the center of the braid where the large bow has been attached.
- Cut four more 18-inch lengths of the 1/4-inch-wide colored ribbon. Tie a baby item to each corner of the chair where the braid has been attached. Tie the ends of the ribbons into bows.