Chrome is the newest internet browser to enter the ever evolving internet browser world. This one is created by Google and boosts a very simple interface and quick browsing. And while the jury is still out regarding which browser truly is best, Chrome is a good browser to take out for a spin, if for no other reason than it’s from Google.
- Go to Chrome Google Browser’s main page.
- Click on the Download Google Chrome button on the right side of the screen. When prompted, select “Run” instead of “Download”.
- Once the installer begins, you will have to fill out some information and click through the various option screens. You will have the opportunity to select some basic options through the various screens like creating a desktop icon and making Chrome your default browser.
- After the install completes, restart your computer. While this step is technically optional, it is a good rule of thumb to always restart after installing a program to ensure a proper start up.
- After your computer comes back on, click on the “Google Chrome” icon on your desktop to begin your first session. The browser will ask if you want to import your bookmarks from other browsers or if you want to make Chrome your default browser (again). After you answer these questions, you will have successfully downloaded and installed Chrome, the first internet browser from Google.
Tips & Warnings
- It is a good idea to copy any bookmarks from existing browsers into Chrome. The bookmarks don’t go away in your other browsers, they are simply just added to Chrome, so there really is no downside to this option.
- Although it might be tempting to make Chrome your default browser immediately, it is best to get a feel for it before selecting this option, just because you never know whether you like it or not until after you’ve used it for a while.