Follow below following skincare routine if dry skin irritates you. The results may not work so well if the humidity drops. Dry skin can crack, flake, crack and bleed too.
Best Dermatologist tips for dry skin
1. Use an ointment or cream instead of lotion.
Lotions are more irritating than ointments and creams. Always look creams that contains jojoba oil or olive oil. You may also try shea butter as it does wonders with skin. There are few more ingredients that do wonders with dry skin such as lactic acid, urea, glycerin, mineral oil, hyaluronic oil, and petrolatum.
2. Always Wear lip balm.
Always select good lip balm that suits your lips texture. Remember one important thing that if you lip tingle after you apply lip balm you should immediately switch to one that doesn’t cause any reaction.
3. Use unscented skincare products.
Never use products that are too harsh for dry or sensitive skin. If your skin is dry stop using such products immediately.
- Deodorant soaps
- Skincare products that contain fragrance, retinoids, alcohol, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Try to Avoid these products so that your skin retain its natural oils.
4. Wear gloves.
We mainly notice dry skin on our hands first. You can easily reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Always wear gloves before you:
- Go outside your house in winter
- Do work where your hands get wet
- Get greases and chemicals on your hands
5. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent.
If you have dry skin laundry detergent can also be irritating. To avoid this:
Try to wear silk or cotton under your clothing which is made of wool or any other material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
6. Stay warm without sitting in front of the fireplace or another heat source.
If you try to sit more in front of an open flame or another heat source it can dry your skin.
I hope this article has helped you a lot and will surely help you to solve your topic of dry skin.