A tablet PC is a type of portable flat-panel computer that you can write or perform various functions by using a special computer pen. People who want to give their laptops similar functionality can equip a device such as the DUO Electronic Pen Mouse. The DUO Electronic Pen Mouse is a special computer pen that is used to write on the monitor screen and can be used as a spare for a standard mouse.
- Attach the base station to the top of the monitor screen on your laptop. The base station comprises a sensor that reads the movements of the pen that are made on the computer screen.
- Plug the base station into a USB port on your computer.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD/DVD drive, and wait for the setup screen to appear. If the setup screen does not appear, double-click on the My Computer icon from your desktop. You will then need to double click on your CD/DVD drive to launch the installation wizard.
- Press the “Next” button when urged to move through the installation wizard and connect the software for the DUO Electronic Pen Mouse. When the fixing is complete you will see an icon for the software on your desktop. You may need to resurrect the computer after the installation is complete.
- Find the image for the DUO Electronic Pen Mouse in the system tray. The image will appear as a monitor with a pen. If you can see the icon in your Windows task bar your laptop has successfully recognized the DUO Electronic Pen Mouse.